Referral by another health care provider (physician, physiotherapist, chiropractor or podiatrist) is required before an appointment will be booked.
1. Consultations with our sport medicine physicians may only be obtained through a referral from another physician, such as your family physician or any other licensed physician. In certain situations, we will see patients referred by physiotherapists, chiropractors or podiatrists as well.
2. After our office has received a consultation request in writing from your physician, we will contact you by phone to arrange for a consultation with one of our sport medicine physicians.
3. Once seen in consultation by our sport medicine physicians, repeat follow-up appointments can be booked within 1 year without another referral letter from the referring physician. If a year has passed since your last appointment you will require another referral from a licensed physician to be seen again.
4. Follow-up appointments may be booked by phoning our office at 403-251-9535. The doctors are very busy and Walk-in appointments are not available. Please do not walk in without an appointment, as you will not be seen.
5. If you are unable to attend your appointment, please inform us at least 24 hours prior to your scheduled appointment to avoid a no-show fee. Patients who do not show up for appointments must call our office to arrange for another appointment. (Please note we do not call to arrange new appointments for patients who have not shown up for their scheduled appointments). Patients who “no show” for 3 appointments in a row will not be rebooked to see our sport medicine physicians unless another referral is sent from the referring physician’s office.
PLEASE SEE BELOW OUR ATTACHED CLINIC POLICY EXPLAINING HOW YOUR VISIT WILL GO AS WELL AS OUR CANCELLATION POLICY